Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
Search engine optimization is the process of improving the visibility of a website or a web page in search engines.
Optimizing a site for Search Engines is the primary goal of a SEO.
SEO marketers consider many pointers to make it work correctly:
- how search engines work
- what people search for in search engines
- the actual search terms typed into search engines
- which search engines are preferred by their targeted audience
Optimizing a website involves:
- Editing its content and HTML and associated coding
- Proper use of keywords within the document
- Using main keyword caterogies with the header tags
- Inclusion of keywords with paragraphs throughout the document
- Paying attention to links and entries in the document footer
- and several other behind the page optimization
Other activities outside web-page optimization requries:
- Promoting a Site or a particular page
- Increasing the number of backlinks, or inbound links to your site or page.
- Selecting quality backlinks rather than just any standard link
- Paying attention not spam be considered spamming your own site using excessive backlinks in a short time